Tuesday 8 November 2016

Matte liquid lipsticks-drugstore best and worst

I own 7 matte liquid lipsticks in total an today I want to show you which I like the most and the least. They are all drugstore but range in price from £2 to £9. I will do them in price order, of what I paid for them.

£2 - PS super matte liquid lipstick(Primark) in the shade "07 Kendall"
  • Dries down quickly
  • Longlasting
  • Large applicator, too big for my personal preference
  • Drying(but most matte ones are)
£2.30 - essence matt matt matt long lasting lipgloss in the shade "03 Girl of Today"
  • Doesn't dry down, looks like a lipgloss
  • Pigmented
  • Longlasting
  • Wears away evenly but comes off if you eat
£2.70 - W7 full time lip colour in the shade "Angel Dust"
  • Dries down quickly
  • Short staying power
  • Wears away patchy
  • If used with gloss it balls up
  • Not much product
£3 - Makeup Revolution salvation velvet lacquer in the shade "What I Believe"
I think I might have one from a bad batch because I have heard a lot of rave about these, but I was really disappointed with mine. Therefore, I might purchase another shade to try it out again.
  • Pigmented
  • Creamy
  • Doesn't dry down
  • Sticky and patchy
£3 - MUA luxe velvet lacquer in the shade "tranquillity"
  • Thinner than old formula
  • Pigmented
  • Strong smell, wears away once dried
  • Dries quickly
  • Light weight
£3 - MUA luxe velvet lacquer in the shade "funk" (old packaging and formula)
  • Pigmented
  • Doe foot applicator
  • Long staying power
  • Hard to reapply
  • Dries quickly
£8.95 - Bourjois rouge edition velvet in the shade "02 frambourjoise"
  • Doesn't fully dry down
  • Wears off patchy
  • Thin formula and a sheer consistency (not necessarily a bad thing)
  • Short applicator, I hard to apply
In order from PS (left) to Bourjois (right)
*side note* after swatching them I found that the W7 and the PS were the most long wearing.
If you want a pigmented lipgloss, go for the essence one. Overall I found that the best are by MUA and the PS one is also good for the price. I think you need to test for yourself to see what suits you and what you are looking for in a lipstick, these are just my personal opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment