Tuesday 29 November 2016

November Elle magazine

I'm back with another review of a copy of the Elle magazine, this time the November edition. If you can tell I don't actually buy it for the magazine, but for the free gift and only buy the magazine if it is a freebie I want.

This month the magazine was giving away a free nail polish, valued at £12, by Leighton Denny. I would never buy a nail polish at this price so I thought it would be a great opportunity to test out one of life's luxuries - expensive products that act like drugstore ones. As you can probably tell I have tested the nail polish and don't rate it at it's £12 price tag. However I am pleased I tried it, am pleased I bought it and would willing buy another for £4.

The packaging is beautiful. It is a glass bottle (as expected) and the cap has a metal bit inside the glass and it looks very posh. The main bit of the bottle is a rectangle and the cap is a cylinder, giving a nice effect. The bottle feels quite heavy and expensive, I have it on top of my drawers as decoration, which is what I do will most of my expensive makeup.

The actual product is ok but it reminds me of the Barry m nail polishes. The brush is small and an average brush, I prefer wider ones with rounded off bottoms, for easier application. The formula is thin and you have to use 2 coats, but I do that with all nail polishes. The colour I have is "sink into mink" and it is an unusual grey with a brown undertone. It reminds me of posh spice, the liquid lipstick by jeffree star. I don't actually own posh spice but have seen swatches online.

Overall, I think that if you want the polish for aesthetic purposes and can afford it, go for it. They have some nice colours and I would've gotten more if the shades had been different, I already had similar ones. However, I wouldn't go out of my way to get this because it didn't wow me.

Hope this review helped and you enjoyed it!<3

No comments:

Post a Comment