Wednesday 8 June 2016

Fortune Favours the Brave palette

Today I'm going to tell you about the Makeup Revolution's collaboration with BritishBeautyBlogger and the palette that they created together. The palette is called "Fortune Favours the Brave" and it is £10, only in superdrug and it's limited edition.

As you can see in the photos, the packaging is stunning and the shade range is amazing. The packaging is a matte gold with a shiny gold symbol. It is very sturdy and travel friendly. It comes with a full size mirror, 30 eye shadows and a double ended brush.
The brush is quite good, considering the price, but the blending side is a bit small - however this will be perfect for travelling.

When I first opened it I was a bit disappointed because I expected the shadows to be bigger, the pans are quite small. The palette only has 16g of product, but (again) I expected more product.

I have swatched all of the shadows; which all differ in pigment. I must admit, I was disappointed when I first swatched these because after so much praise I expected them to be amazing. They are a bit chalky and for a couple of the paler colours there is barely any pigment.
(Sorry some of the pictures are sideways)

If you build up the eye shadows you can have some lovely colours, there were only a couple disappointing ones.
Overall I do quite like this palette, it was £10 and you get names with the shades, so it is perfect for tutorials. I would recommend it because you can create a lot of different looks for different occasions and there are colours to suit everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment