Tuesday 12 July 2016

MUA lipsticks review

Today I'm going to show you and give a review of my whole collection of Makeup Academy (MUA) lipsticks. This isn't too big of a collection but I just wanted to share which ones worked (for me) and which ones really didn't. I just love lipsticks and want to help you choose the best of this amazingly cheap brand!!! The lipsticks are all £1 each!
The packaging is very cheap, some of the lids are good quality and some are just terrible, it's hit or miss. When the lid is off the bullet is silver and with the black lipstick, it comes off when I twist the lipstick up! It doesn't happen with any others of mine but my friends claim that the same thing happens to theirs, so it is something to be wary of.
(Left to right) 1,9,11
Shades:
Number 1 is a dark, pinky red that aplies really smoothly and looks good on the lips, however it wears quite patchy.
Number 9 is a frosty browny pink that is very sheer and takes quite a bit to build up, but looks nice on the lips, especially layered.
Number 11 is a warm toned dark nude brown, not as bright as the photo. One of my favourite and goes nicely underneath shade number 9.

(Left to right) 14, barely there, raven
Number 14 is a beautiful, pink undertoned nude shade, perfect for people with pale skin. This is my all time favourite nude lipstick, helped by the fact that it is £1!!!
'Barely there' is a really pale pink, however the formula is terrible!! It is really thick and patchy, it doesn't look nice on the lips and I just can't wear it. Eventhough it is £1 I do not recommend it
'Raven' is a jet black shade and is perfect for halloween or any occasion where you would want a pigmented, creamy black lipstick. I don't wear it often because I can't really pull it off but if you can or want to test it out, you should definately give this a go!

Overall there are some shades I would definately recommend and some that I really wouldn't, but in general they are good lipsticks for only £1!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment