Tuesday 26 July 2016

Wilko's beauty products

Wilkos (Wilkinsons) is a shop (only in England I believe!) that sells everyday essential for an amazing price. They sell everything you could need ranging from garden equipment to cookware to beauty products, the latter of which I will be reviewing today. They do sell brands such as Rimmel and Maybelline but I will be talking about their own brand (not cosmetics but other beauty products).

Firstly, Wilkos' own products (hand cream, lip balm etc.) come in a few fragrances, all of which are really strong. My favourite are orange and pomelo, passion fruit and melon, and strawberry and pomegranate.

Shower gel: this is a nice texture and it was 85p! I really enjoyed it and the packaging was good too.

Hand cream: LOVELY!!! I have 3 of these in all the shades I mentioned as my favourite, they are just nice, refreshing and come in good packaging, a plastic bottle with a pump. They are 95p each.

Lip Balm: MEHHH. These are 95p each and come in a round tin, pretty packaging and you get 15g of product. However, the balm itself it solid as a rock and when you rub it, nothing comes off. Therefore, it is not exactly my favourite product, and has a lot to be desired.

Face primer: I couldn't believe they had a face primer, and for only £3 as well!!! It claimed to be both a light reflecting and a mattifying primer, so I was curious but didn't know what to expect either. It is really soft and is white with a slight pink undertone but this is undetectable when on the skin. I cannot tell you how soft to the touch it is and it makes the skin feel instantly soft and matte. However I haven't really noticed my makeup staying on much more than usual or looking any matter (or any more light-reflecting in fact!) but it might be because of how oily my skin is. In any case, I'm going to keep trying it, to see if it affects my skin in any way.

Makeup brushes: These are the softest makeup brushes I have ever tried, I have the angled blush brush and it's amazing, better that real techniques. If you want a cheap 'dupe' (that I think is better than the real but you need to try for yourself) then this is where you need to be looking.

Overall Wilkos has some hits and some misses, but I think you should try them out yourself if you are interested, hope this blog post helped!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment