Tuesday 6 December 2016

November favourites

This month has been cold but as normal in winter(even though it's still autumn) the sky was blue and there was few days of bad weather. If it's raining I don't usually wear makeup because it just comes off or gets smeared across my face, but there was a lot of good weather. I tried to do my makeup as often as I could so I could test out some new techniques.

Maybelline lash sensational is my mascara favourite and loads of others love it too! I don't have the waterproof one but it still has a good staying power and I could probably get away with wearing this in a drizzle. The colour is strong (mine is the shade black) and it fans out my lashes the way I want - it might be my favourite mascara!!!

Rimmel Match perfection is my choice for foundation, I have the shade 010 light porcelain. It does pretty much exactly what it says on the bottle and I have really enjoyed using it. It is a bit light but all of my concealers are too dark so this balances my face out. My only fault with this is that it has a dewy finish (it does say it keeps skin hydrated) but I can easily fix that with powder. I would recommend this to any skin type (if you can find a shade - they don't go very dark) but take caution if you have oily skin.

For my powder I like to use the MUA pro base prime and conceal powder. This has 4 colours but is a shade of beige when you swirl them together, it looks translucent on the skin so any skin colour can use it. It does mattify and I use this alone on days I just want to set my makeup. If I want a matte finish for the whole day I will use a matte powder and this on top to lock it in place and it lasts most of the day.

Chapped lips are a big problem for me in the colder months so I always have a lip balm to hand. Recently I have enjoyed the body shop's born lippy in passionberry. I love the scent, it moisturises my lips and lasts a while so I don't have to reapply it too much.

Also, I have been getting into matte liquid lipsticks more and more, testing different ones to find my favourite. I love the MUA velvet lip lacquer in "tranquillity", I have a review of it on my instagram, so go check it out!

That was all of the makeup products I've been loving this month, hope you've enjoyed it!<3

No comments:

Post a Comment