Tuesday 27 December 2016

December Favorites

Happy New Year!!! December was the start of winter and the perfect time to bring out all of your winter makeup and clothes, particularly the dark lips and cool toned eye looks. 2016 was not one of my favourite years so far, for many reasons, but I feel like it is the one that I have developed, as a person, in the most so far. In today's post I want to tell you about what makeup products I enjoyed using the most.

Lips: I adore dark lips and winter is the season I that I can pull them off the most. I have tried a few new lippies recently and here is what I have loved and recommend you check out!

Makeup Revolution: Rebel with cause. I love makeup revolution and have quite a lot of their products, I even got some for Christmas! Last year I got this lipstick and have enjoyed it ever since. It is only £1 and has amazing pigmentation, it is in fact a  dupe of MAC's rebel, it even duped the name!

PS super matte liquid lipstick in the shade Kendall. It is a lilac shade, and it is perfect for when you don't want to be too bold with your lipstick but want a subtle statement. It is unusual and a bit patchy but for £2 you can't go wrong.

Essence matt matt matt lipgloss in the shade 03 girl of today. It is a cool toned pink mauve, and is just the right mix of dark and bright. it was only £2.30 and eventhough it doesn't dry down fully matte is long wearing and has a nice finish.

Eyes: I tend to tone down the eyes in winter and go for a bold lip instead, or I love to do a blue smokey look.

For a good base for any eye look I use the essence pencil eyeliner in 04 white. It blocks out any colour on the lid and makes the eyeshadows pop with their true colours. I also use this to highlight my face if I want a matte look but also a healthy glow. I originally bought it for my waterline but it disappears quickly - you would need a waterproof one.

Finally for my face I like the W7 night glow, which is a cream highlight and a dupe for benefit's high beam. I enjoy using this under powder for a subtle look; or on top of powder and under highlight to make the highlight stay all day and have an extra intense appearance. I was cautious about this because I have oily skin  but it would work with any skin type.

I hope you enjoyed my monthly favourites and it gave you some ideas of what to try!!!<3

No comments:

Post a Comment